Lunar Roundup: Billionaires
Moon Express explains how to become a billionaire, while Astrobotic tests their moon mining.
By Nick Azer on May 07, 2013
This week, in the Google Lunar XPRIZE...
Moon Mining! How to become a billionaire (apparently it’s “really easy”)! Rockets! It’s all here in the latest greatness from the GLXP.
Your moon-race highlights for April 30th-May 6th:
Astrobotic's got a scoop! Quite literally:
This excavation scoop will allow them to sample lunar soil (regolith), and investigate it for potential valuable resources (like water and helium-3)!
How to Become a Billionaire
Apparently it’s “really easy”: to create a billion-dollar company, solve a billion-dollar question.
Blowing Stuff Up
Astrobotic ---not ones to settle for just moon mining epicness---also did a bunch of rocket tests:
Robots with Benefits
The students of Penn State Lunar Lion talked about how their awesome robot projects have benefitted them:
- Angelicvm posted videos on their circuit testing, plus pictures of a cute robot!
- Omega Envoy talked about 20 space innovations going on now!
- Barcelona Moon gave a tour (in Spanish) of an awesome antenna facility in Chile!
- Plan B gave a tour of their ground antenna calculations!
- ARCA posted photos of a long-range avoinics test!
I’ll be rounding these up every week, so keep an eye here for the best developments from our very own moon race.
And if you have any favorite stories from the week that didn’t make it in here---share them below!