ATTENTION ALL SPACE, LEGO & ROBOT FANS
Let Us Tell You A Little Bit About This Year’s 2012 MoonBots Challenge
The third annual MoonBots: A Google Lunar X PRIZE LEGO® MINDSTORMS® Challenge is officially back!
Now you may ask…. What is so unique about this year’s contest? The answer is easy…. EVERYTHING!
This year’s competition is one of a kind. New and Returning Teams will not be disappointed. The video topics are different, the game and challenge course are different AND we have changed the timeline to fit the needs of students from all over the world.
You may also ask…What is the same? The answer is.. it’s FREE. Oh Yeah…. and still Cool!
From May 15th - July 15th, any amount of Teams can register and compete. Teams will be asked to do three things.
- Tell us what their ultimate lunar landscape would look like if given a chance to build it.
- Tell us where they would show off their lunar landscape if given the opportunity.
- Produce a fun video about their interest in the heritage artifacts and the Moon.
From August 1st – September 15th, 30 Teams will be selected to compete. Teams will be asked to do three things.
- Design and build an original, one of a kind lunar landscape.
- Design a game for the LEGO MINDSTORMS to rove their lunar landscape.
- Build and program their LEGO MINDSTORMS robot.
From September 15th – November 15th, each of the 30 Teams will be select a date to compete. Teams will be asked to do one thing.
- Share their lunar landscape design, game and robot with their community. This will be broadcasted live for the public to see.
3 Teams will be selected to win a 2013 FIRST robotics registration and kit.
The Grand Prize winning Team will receive a trip to visit the Pacific International Space Center for Exploration Systems on the Island of Hawaii and learn about how the Hawaiian landscape today helps scientists prepare to explore the Moon!